Home » Infrastructure » Windows » authenticate Oracle 10g through Active Directory
authenticate Oracle 10g through Active Directory [message #418976] Wed, 19 August 2009 08:03 Go to next message
sanjuindustries
Hi,

I am trying to authenticate Oracle 10g through Active Directory ..
But i am not able to do that sucessfully...Even 1 week of search was not helpful...

Has anyone done this sucessfully...If so can u share the steps to do.

Please help
Re: authenticate Oracle 10g through Active Directory [message #418984 is a reply to message #418976] Wed, 19 August 2009 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Which way did you try? Direct access or through OVD?

Also post the steps you executed and the errors you got.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 19 August 2009 08:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: authenticate Oracle 10g through Active Directory [message #419158 is a reply to message #418984] Thu, 20 August 2009 02:35 Go to previous message
sanjuindustries
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The goal is to have Oracle to authenticate against AD (Windows 2003 Server).

Oracle Installed in Windows XP machine .
AD installed in Windows 2003 Server.

I am using the link (http://cs.scu.edu.cn/~zuojie/oracle/win.101/b10113/active_dir.htm) u mentioned.

Here is what I did ..

I used Oracle net Configuration Assistant and selected Directory Usage Configuration. Then selected the mIcrosoft Active Directory and in the Hostname I specified the IP of Windows 2003 server which appeaers in the "Where is your directory service located?". As shown it created "OracleDBCreators, OracleNetAdmins, OracleDBSecurityAdmins" . And also creates the Oracle Context . In the link there are 3 components inside Oracle context namely "orcl, products,sales." and I am getting all three in the Oracle Context.

When I right click the "sales in Oracle Context" I can view Connect to SQL PLUS as shown in link but nothing happens....

Which part am i missing. I hope u got my problem
Previous Topic: Script to check disk space
Next Topic: Unable to Login in Oracle Enterprise Manager console on Windows Vista
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:02:02 CDT 2024