Home » Infrastructure » Windows » How To Stop All Oracle Products - Win Xp (Windows XP SP3 (Windows 7 - XP Mode))
How To Stop All Oracle Products - Win Xp [message #550461] Mon, 09 April 2012 12:12 Go to next message
SIUC IT
I'm trying to install additional Oracle products on my XP VM, but it is telling me to kill all running oracle products. It states that by running the Oracle utility: oradim80 or the Windows NT service Control Panel I can stop all of these services, but I cannot find either. Any help?
Re: How To Stop All Oracle Products - Win Xp [message #550472 is a reply to message #550461] Mon, 09 April 2012 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

Launch your services control panel by running
c:\windows\system32\services.msc
find the services with names beginning with oracle, and stop them.

Re: How To Stop All Oracle Products - Win Xp [message #550486 is a reply to message #550472] Mon, 09 April 2012 14:19 Go to previous message
SIUC IT
Thanks for your response. However, I already tried this and it shows no Oracle services running. I went ahead and removed all of the Oracle services from the system and reloaded them and now it works. I'm pretty sure that it had an issue with trying to install services over the already installed ones, even when they were not running. Thanks again for your insight.
Previous Topic: the image file D:/10.2.0.5forwindows64bit\winIa64_10025_database\database\setup.exe is valid but is
Next Topic: Different Versions of Oracle between Server & Client.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:20:28 CDT 2024