Home » Infrastructure » Unix » Databases created in solaris (solaris sparc - 64bit)
Databases created in solaris [message #609701] Tue, 11 March 2014 06:54 Go to next message
prejib
Hi,
I have got a solaris machine which was used by some other project long back. Now I want to drop all the Databases present in the system . I don't have access to Enterprise manager /grid computing / any other access except PUTTY access.
while typing cat /etc/oratab , I am getting the error 'cannot found'.
Currently only one DB is up and running and I am able to access that also. So for the command 'ps -ef|grep pmon' I am getting the ressult of running DB . Please help me to find the list of DBs got created and how can I remove those ?

Regards,
Pressy
Re: Databases created in solaris [message #609702 is a reply to message #609701] Tue, 11 March 2014 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prejib
I could locate the oratab file in another location -/var/opt/oracle. But that file contains only two DB names .
But I can see more folders are created in '/oradata' other than the above two folders and same folders I can see in differet locations also in dpump/bpump .. Can I drop those folders simply from OS
Re: Databases created in solaris [message #609735 is a reply to message #609702] Tue, 11 March 2014 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> Can I drop those folders simply from OS
I give up.
Can you?

Consider to first rename the folders to see if anything breaks.
Why do you feel compelled to remove anything?

Please read and follow the forum guidelines, to enable us to help you:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/

Re: Databases created in solaris [message #609739 is a reply to message #609701] Tue, 11 March 2014 10:52 Go to previous message
gazzag
IN addition to BlackSwan's post, do you know how many Oracle homes are on the box either?
Previous Topic: Add User in Linux
Next Topic: Problem Passing Variables Into SQL*Plus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:38:52 CDT 2024