Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query (11i)
Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query [message #615759] Mon, 09 June 2014 01:49 Go to next message
arunkrishnangs87
Hi,

I need to include "dbms_application_info.set_client_info()" in the oracle alert query that I give in the select statement column while defining an alert. Without setting the org_id, no data is fetched as it have to retrieve value from view.

Regards,
Arun
Re: Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query [message #615761 is a reply to message #615759] Mon, 09 June 2014 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
Without setting the org_id, no data is fetched as it have to retrieve value from view.

What does this mean?
What is org_id?
What query?
What do you want to get (this is the purpose of a query)?
What do you expect from "dbms_application_info.set_client_info"?
What alert?
What is "oracle alert query"?

We know nothing but what you tell us.

Re: Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query [message #615762 is a reply to message #615759] Mon, 09 June 2014 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Not clear what you are trying to do.

set_client_info procedure is to include additional information for a particular action. All you need to do is pass the required information enclosed in single quotes as parameter. In your context what are you doing, please post the details.

Also, in your topic title, you mentioned Oracle versiona s 11i. When was 11i released? Always it is better to post the correct and complete version details.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 June 2014 02:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query [message #615802 is a reply to message #615762] Mon, 09 June 2014 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arunkrishnangs87
Hi,
I am creating 2 oracle alerts in 11i.
The query which I have to use while creating the 2 alerts are taking data from view (APPS.OKE_K_HEADERS_FULL_V).
For both the alerts the query is same, only the organization id changes. So before querying, I have to set the organization to the correct ones.
So in SQL developer, while querying, I added
begin
dbms_application_info.set_client_info('organization id');
end;
For both the queries, only the organization will be changing in the above anonymous block.

Is there any way, I can include it in the select query itself so that the data will come.

Regards,
Arun
Re: Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query [message #615803 is a reply to message #615802] Mon, 09 June 2014 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
This is an oracle apps specific question. Most of the regulars on this site don't use oracle apps so won't be able to answer. I've moved the topic to the oracle apps sub-forum so hopefully someone who knows apps will see it and answer.
Re: Using dbms_application_info.set_client_info() in alert query [message #616196 is a reply to message #615802] Fri, 13 June 2014 06:44 Go to previous message
vamsi kasina
Quote:
Is there any way, I can include it in the select query itself so that the data will come.
No you can't if you want to use the view which is having MOAC.
You may use the direct table instead of the view.

By
Vamsi
Previous Topic: Internal Requisition sourcing using iprocurement
Next Topic: Legacy System- Trigger-Profile Option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:27:12 CDT 2024