Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » automate purchase order creation (Oracle)
automate purchase order creation [message #658829] Wed, 28 December 2016 03:28 Go to next message
anchoreds
Hi everyone

I am very new to the Oracle system in my workplace. My work involves creation of purchase order using the Oracle system. The creation involves copying data from an excel file and pasting it in the relevant field (Boxes) in the Oracle system. Some manual selection is also needed (for example in the header fields). Also, there is a need to attached files during the PO creation process.

Sorry for so long winded, but I would like to ask is it possible to automate these whole process (for example we have VBA application for excel program)? Could anyone point me to the right direction for me to do some research if this is possible pls?

Thanks so much

Best Regards

--moderator update: topic moved to the EBS forum. JW.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 December 2016 04:01] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: automate purchase order creation [message #658834 is a reply to message #658829] Wed, 28 December 2016 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Sure, use the Purchasing Documents Open Interface, it includes the ability to import purchase orders.
Your implementation consultants should have set this up for you (if they are any good) as part of the implementation exercise.
Re: automate purchase order creation [message #659770 is a reply to message #658834] Mon, 30 January 2017 06:56 Go to previous message
stella_m
your services providers can set it up to automate or implement this process.
Previous Topic: Oracle Store Inventory Management local build
Next Topic: Excel o/p through pl/sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:10:55 CDT 2024