Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » R12 Setup Question - Order of Setups (R12)
R12 Setup Question - Order of Setups [message #665937] Tue, 03 October 2017 16:22 Go to next message
bushwacked
One of may tasks this year from my boss is to setup, in R12, a completely new company. I implemented 11i for the past 4 years, but to gain a quick understanding with R12 he wanted me to do this in a test instance.

For the most part we have our GL setup. So I will not need to touch any setups there.

Where does R12 start? Inventory Org setup with the location? Or do I need to start in AP first?

In 11i, we had GL and AP setup in all countries, so when I came in I setup OPM org and then AR/OM/PO etc modules could start. Since I now have to do everything on my own. I am curious what the order of setup is so I can attack it.

GL > AP > OPM/ODM > Then all PO/AR/OM modules can be done in any order?? I will be setting up BOMs/WIP as well and possible ASCP.

Thanks for the help with this!

[Updated on: Wed, 04 October 2017 07:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: R12 Setup Question - Order of Setups [message #665960 is a reply to message #665937] Wed, 04 October 2017 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bushwacked
any help/thoughts or a link on first steps?

A little bit more research I got done shows that I need the ledger > Op Unit ... Which I wont need to touch the GL side, so then I just need to create my op unit and org ... then go from there with whatever module I want to tackle next.

Sound about right?
Re: R12 Setup Question - Order of Setups [message #665978 is a reply to message #665960] Thu, 05 October 2017 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alien
Hi,

yes, you would start with your operating unit. Then your inventory org and then the rest. I can't think of any specific order, even though I usually start with OM.
Then again, I've never set up OPM.

Regards,

Alien
Re: R12 Setup Question - Order of Setups [message #665983 is a reply to message #665978] Thu, 05 October 2017 09:33 Go to previous message
bushwacked
Alien wrote on Thu, 05 October 2017 06:29
Hi,

yes, you would start with your operating unit. Then your inventory org and then the rest. I can't think of any specific order, even though I usually start with OM.
Then again, I've never set up OPM.

Regards,

Alien

Perfect, thanks for validating my thoughts Alien!
Previous Topic: Problems in Reconciliation with Bank - Please Help
Next Topic: Install Oracle E-Business Suite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:12:38 CDT 2024