Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » update values password appears. (Database 10g, Form 6i)
update values password appears. [message #685913] Mon, 25 April 2022 06:08 Go to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
Form 6i, Oracle 10g Database
Hi Experts.
i want to make a form where a user every time update any value of the field a password canvas appears. .The 'ccc' canvas has one button and one text item. where user put the password in text item and press button. if the password is correct then update and when password is not correct then restore the previous value
please advised.

When validate item

IF :System.Form_Status = 'CHANGED' THEN
 show_view('CCC');
end if;

[Updated on: Mon, 25 April 2022 06:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: update values password appears. [message #685936 is a reply to message #685913] Thu, 28 April 2022 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
But, why would you want to do it? In order to run a Forms application, you're required to provide valid login credentials: username, password and database. Therefore, if you aren't authenticated, you can't modify anything (as you can't establish connection). So, why would you bother users with that silly (from my point of view) requirement of entering password for every change they make? That's insane!
Re: update values password appears. [message #685937 is a reply to message #685936] Fri, 29 April 2022 05:44 Go to previous message
shahzad-ul-hasan
because a user always change some vales and i want to restrict him . when ever he change the record values it will ask password to change.
if password accepted the change the values to yes. other wise stay on current field.
them
Previous Topic: run 10g form on mobile
Next Topic: Comparing input in multi-record form, to previous entries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:59:16 CDT 2024