Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Reports in pdf format generated in server but don't open in local machine (Forms 12.2.1.4.0 Oracle Reports 12.2.1.4.0, Adobe Acrobat 23.001.20174.0)
Reports in pdf format generated in server but don't open in local machine [message #687801] Thu, 08 June 2023 17:45 Go to next message
JonathanXC
Hi everyone,

I have a report in pdf format created from a form and reports, From the form I execute:

rep_id := Create_ParameterList('tmpdata1');
Add_Parameter(rep_id, 'DESTYPE'  , TEXT_PARAMETER, 'CACHE');
Add_Parameter(rep_id, 'PARAMFORM', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'NO');

rp2rro_loc.rp2rro_run_product(REPORTS, 'edoctade', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, filesystem, rep_id, null)

this report is generated correctly. When I see it from the reports repository (<server>:9020/reports/rwservlet/showjobs) it shows correctly, later I download it using webutil webutil_file_transfer.url_to_client(ArchivoServer, ArchivoPDF, null) and the problem I have is when I try to open it with Adobe Acrobat on my local machine, it gives me the following error and I don't understand what could be happening:

Error -> "Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open 'file.pdf' because it is not a supported file type or is corrupted (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and was not decoded correctly)."

My versions is Oracle Forms 12.2.1.4.0 Oracle Reports 12.2.1.4.0, Adobe Acrobat 23.001.20174.0

Tanks in advance
Re: Reports in pdf format generated in server but don't open in local machine [message #687802 is a reply to message #687801] Thu, 08 June 2023 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
Have you tried opening the pdf file on your local machine with something else, like Microsoft Edge?  If that works, then it tells you that the problem is not that the file has been corrupted somehow, but more likely that there is some sort of incompatibility between your local machine and Adobe.  For example, as of January, 2023, Adobe no longer supports 32-bit operating systems.  I would try experimenting with different files, different machines, running as administrator, and opening with something else to try to narrow the problem down.  Then you can see what to focus on.  I stopped using Adobe and started using Microsoft Edge and set it as my default for pdf a long time ago.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 June 2023 18:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Reports in pdf format generated in server but don't open in local machine [message #687803 is a reply to message #687802] Thu, 08 June 2023 20:26 Go to previous message
JonathanXC
Thanks for your comments Barbara Boehmer

I tried to open the files in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, I uninstall Adobe Acrobat from my local machine, I also asked other people for support me to open the file on the other machine, but the result is the same, any other idea?

Thanks
Previous Topic: Add custom field with custom PLL
Next Topic: insert value in detail block after selecting the master block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 04:10:49 CDT 2024