Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » How do I get TCP/IP back and running?
How do I get TCP/IP back and running? [message #134399] Wed, 24 August 2005 14:42 Go to next message
Athanasopolous
How do I get TCP/IP back and running?

--- START OF COPIED DATA FROM TERMINAL ---

@sys$startup:TCPIP:STARTUP
%TCPIP-I-NORMAL, timezone information verified
%JBC-E-NOSUCHNODE, remote note is unknownn or not reachable

%TCPIP$NFS-I-NOMAP, No file system maping information available
-TCPIP$NFS-I-NOPAM, Refer to NFS server section
-TCPIP$NFS-I-NOMAP, Digital TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Management Guide

%TCPIP-E-STARTERROR, error starting MOUNTSERVICE
-SYSTEM-F-DEVINACT, device inactive inactive
%tcpip-e-starterror, error starting NFS service
-SYSTEM-F-DEVINACT, device inactive
%TCPIP$PP-I-INFO, Loading PPP Drivers and Callback

The Internet Network has already been started
%SYSTEM-F-DEVACTIVE, device is active

--- END OF COPIED DATA FROM TERMINAL ---

when I typed
tcpip sh service
EVERYTHING has an Address of 0.0.0 and
everything has a state of Disabled.
Re: How do I get TCP/IP back and running? [message #143823 is a reply to message #134399] Sat, 22 October 2005 23:46 Go to previous message
ogge
Hi,

First of all I think you should spell the startup script correctly, that is tcpip$startup.com Smile But first...have you configured the tcpip on this node? The information for the nfs service when it tries to start seems to be lacking. The "tcpip show service" command gives you the hint that the tcpip has not started in a proper way. Has any service started at all? It would be more helpful if you provided the output of the command above. Type the "show net" command and see if you get the fully qualified nodename and ip-address as well just to confirm the configuration. Can you ping other nodes on the network? It seems like the nfs mount is looking for a remote host. There are so many questions one can ask about these things but I think the above is a good start and anybody can take it from there...

If you want to configure tcpip you should run "@sys$manager:tcpip$config.com" but if you're not familiar with it or you have not done it before I suggest you just leave it alone. Otherwise, gather the information you need for the node and run the config-procedure. The most imoprtent info you need to get started with the node are: nodename, domain name, ip-address, gateway, netmask and dns-server anme or address. If you have those ingredients you can configure the node and then the services you want running on the system...just follow the questions. The configuration of the nfs part is adapted from Unix, so if you are familiar with that it should not be a problem. I should also mention that you have the options to start/stop the tcpip from the config-menu.

A qurious question is, what version are you running on OpenVMS and TCP/IP?

Regards,
//Ogge
Previous Topic: the priorities of CICS and Database
Next Topic: I turn my back for just a moment and something goes wrong with the Alpha OpenVMS.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:05:55 CDT 2024