Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » USER TS Quotas
USER TS Quotas [message #275731] Mon, 22 October 2007 09:31 Go to next message
dba_giri
Hi..,

I 've a user called ACM_DEV which is created without mentioning the user quotas,
I 've executed the following SQL statement that, I 've got the following o/p
*****************************************************************select * from user_ts_quotas
*****************************************************************Tablespace_name Bytes Max_Bytes Blocks Dropped
*****************************************************************ACM_DEV 15859712 0 37976 NO
While creating a table I 've got the following error:
ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'ACM_DEV'

For this if I 've given a DBA privilege for this user am able to create the table.
But I don't want to provide that privilege, so that I 've alterred that user using the following SQL St.
Alter user ACM_DEV quota 75M on ACM_DEV

*****************************************************************Problem might be what..?
*****************************************************************Created the user without specifying the Quotas, even though why it is required to alter the user, in above case.
Is there any default Quotas, if s y that default Quota info not showin in "Max_Bytes" Column in "USER_TS_QUOTAS"

Thanks in Advance
Giri K.Y.
Re: USER TS Quotas [message #275745 is a reply to message #275731] Mon, 22 October 2007 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Your quota limit is full?
And i guess your user don't have default tablespace.

you should set default tablespace for user

alter user abc default tablespace abc;
Re: USER TS Quotas [message #275755 is a reply to message #275731] Mon, 22 October 2007 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Please read and follow OraFAQ Forum Guide, especially "How to format your post?" section.
Make sure that lines of code do not exceed 80 characters when you format. Use the "Preview Message" button.
Please always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).

And remove those * lines

Regards
Michel
Re: USER TS Quotas [message #275840 is a reply to message #275731] Mon, 22 October 2007 22:58 Go to previous message
Arju

Quote:

ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'ACM_DEV

This clears everything. Either you have to drop unnecessary objects or increase the quota size of the intended tablespace.
Previous Topic: Junk characters are displayed after upgrade from oracle 8i to 10g
Next Topic: tracing of production databases increases fastly?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:11:44 CDT 2024