Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Oracle Homes (Mess up folders) (oracle 9i , winxp)
Oracle Homes (Mess up folders) [message #306652] Sat, 15 March 2008 09:33 Go to next message
oraclewannabe
Hi i have do a little readup about installing oracle database of different versions. People say that they must be installed in 2 different oracle homes.
I am running Oracle 9i and Oracle 10g now.
and i put both of them in the C:\oracle\products
9i in C:\oracle\products\9i
10g in C:\oracle\products\10g

however inside C:\oracle, there seems to be files that belong to oracle 9i database including c:\oracle\admin and c:\oracle\oradata . Now i feel that if this goes on, my oracle folder will get a littlebit more and more mess up. so am i doing the right thing ?

1) what is oracle home ? i read it on the web and it say oracle home is the whole set of oracle objects/programs/tools that a oracle version belongs to. does that means that oracle10g R1 is different from oracle 10g R2 ? and must be put in different oracle homes ?

does it means that for different oracle home, i must put them in different folder inside c:\oracle. ..
c:\oracle\ora9iHome
c:\oracle\ora10gR1Home
c:\oracle\ora10gR2Home

am i right ? pls advise
Re: Oracle Homes (Mess up folders) [message #306654 is a reply to message #306652] Sat, 15 March 2008 09:43 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>am i right ? pls advise
It is you system to do with as you think is best.
Oracle will/can work regardless of the file organization; or lack thereof
Previous Topic: Zip the dmp file in windows 2003
Next Topic: ODP.NET table dimensions don't 'alter'
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:30:56 CDT 2024